Saturday, June 26, 2010

On Winning, Losing & Bets

The LA Lakers just claimed their nth franchise victory, Phil Jackson's 11th ring & Kobe Bryant's 2nd Finals MVP. I hope I got my stats right. Today was the exhilirating Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals between the Greens & the Purples (that's what I monickered them anyways) but known to the world as the Boston Celtics & the LA Lakers.

Bets have definitely been placed. Celtics fans are begrudgingly rougin' & coughin' up greens to pay-up whilst the Lakers fans are getting richer by the minute. But I'm pretty sure that not all bets placed were about money. I made some of them myself. So here's what I won:

  1. I am not going out on a blind date
  2. I have an all-around driver when I go home in September
  3. me.
Let me explain that last bit. A few days before Game 1 (if my memory serves me right), I made this bet. All or nothing. And what was at stake? Drumrolls please, ME! Lol. It was a stupid thing to do & we both laughed it off. Things happened just as God has planned & I surrendered…

But if we ever agreed on that bet, I wonder… Did anyone of us really win? Or did we both lose? Coz from where I'm standing, I don't feel like a winner.

They say that things you lose have a way of coming back to you in the end. But what if it was never yours to lose in the first place? Life…it sucks sometimes. Reality bites.

So, the Lakers still reigned supreme and Kobe hailed the king!!! Time to cuff up Celtics fans. And Purple peeps (yeap, I have mah peeps), we have bragging rights all year long. Woooot! Til next season.


*picture was taken from Tweeter*




Originally posted in: http://purplegoddess30.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment