Tuesday, July 13, 2010

This just in...

Best served while still hottt.

Apparently, I'm a mistress of some guy I haven't even met!!

My first reaction: HYSTERIA!  The absurdity of it all made me bawl over with laughter. I mean SERIOUSLY?!?!

When you hear the whole story, it'll blow your mind too. I swear!

Now that I had time to think, I feel like I have to write this down so I won't forget. Just so, you know, for future reference or somethin'. Bear with me please; I'm still trying to stifle a giggle here. Besides, this is a good thing…me writing again. I subjected myself to some form of self-inflicted social hiatus for more than a month now.  Literally and figuratively speaking.  What I'm basically saying here is I have a valid excuse for this verbal diarrhea. I haven't "talked" to my closest friends; I always gave them the proverbial "I'm fine" excuse to a point that they got tired of asking... I read… an awfulfreakin lot; but haven't written a single thing. Not even a blog, well not until recently.  And it's sooo not me, coz I find writing therapeutic. That's how "purplegoddes" (my alter ego) was even born in the first place. So no, no writing for me.  Well, unless you consider 140-character one-liners, writing. I think not, that's why they coined the term tweeting anyways. So as I was saying… sorry I digress (writing skills shamefully unused here, people.  Cut me some slack).

My dear friend, Steffi, came by the office today. As already mentioned earlier, I haven't met with my friends for the longest time. Imagine my surprise for her "surprise" visit; but I was glad to see her! After the usual pleasantries, she went on to disclose the main reason she felt compelled to see me (note: this ain't verbatim).
Steff:        Chie, do you remember the rumor about you last year that Janis went gaga over?
Me:         Yah? *puzzled*
Steff:         You know, that one where everyone thought you were the mistress of J@#!$%@?!? Just because they didn't really know the girl, and everyone knows you!
Me:         U-huh *still puzzled*
Steff:        Alam mo ba that it still persists pala? And somehow the whole hospital knows about it!
Me:        *dumb-founded. started cracking up. When I found my voice, all I can say was… "WHAT?!?"*
Steff & Chie:         *laughing our ass off*

Again… seriously? UNTIL  NOW?!?!  Di maka-move on? That's one helluva run!  Talk about "lasting" power. Showbiz na  showbiz lang ah! ROFL Oh well, according to the grapevine, we're still selling like pancakes. Steff was just concerned because this came up whilst she was chitchatting with her "boss", who incidentally used to be the head of the Admin mafia upstairs. And boss lady was hesitant to tell Steff about it because I was her friend. Can you imagine?


The story behind the story (about a year ago, when this nasty rumor first surfaced): It was Janis' (another dear friend) Ma'asallamah party, we just finished stuffing ourselves with good food. Then in the middle of scoffing even more delectable stories, Janis remembered this incident that she witnessed wherein 2 girls where gossiping about somebody else's life. You know, the usual. She accidentally picked-up on their conversation where one was saying to the other that a prominent hospital figure was having an affair with one of the secretaries of the younger breed. Girl#1 was heard saying, "Si Rachel daw. Kilala mo ba yun?" And Girl#2 hastily blurted out without even thinking, "Aahh, si Richelle! Yung tiga-Appointments!" Odb? Ang gara! Just because our names sounded one-freakin-vowel alike. Josme!

But what made it even funnier, beside the fact that it was…uhmmm…  NOT TRUE…was:
1.        I don't even know the guy. I have HEARD of him; but I don't recall ever being introduced to him. I have the vaguest idea who he was or how he looked like!
2.        I had a boyfriend that time. And if you knew me… if you really knew me… you can attest to how devoted I am. I am deeply loyal to a fault. Faithfulness is one virtue I can definitely live up to. Yip. This girl is a one-man woman!  I'm superfriendly (that I am too), but one bad vibe from you and you're out!lol. Bottomline is, when I'm in a committed & loving relationship, I just don't have the heart to even entertain other people. That would be cheating. And I can't even get off a tiny little lie without feeling guilty about it!  
3.        Did I mention how preposterous this was?!  wahahaha.

I wasn't really bothered about me; coz there was no way in hell that it was true.  I didn't even feel the need to defend myself. It was sooooo far off base, it was ridiculous!  And the only thing we could do was laugh it off (and me blogging about it now).  As long as I'm good with the Lord, nothing can fluster me. His is the only opinion that counts in my tab. And I know that He'll vindicate me from this… somehow.

So yah, another Tuesday has ended.  I'm done for the day but I still can't stop laughing. Good thing it's payday. Can't wait to get my claws on that gorgeous gladiator shoes I saw in Bershka!    


No comments:

Post a Comment